Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My experience so far!

I copied my own article from here, to share with all of you!

I also wanted to give a shout out to my best friend Samus for adding her Uranus Irwin 12" doll to my collection. She's in good shape for a childhood toy, complete except for her stand. I am beyond thrilled! I really feel I was meant to own Uranus stuff. ^^

 ............................................................................................................................

I don't usually write here but I really wanted to just share my experiences collecting Sailor Moon over the past 6 months.

My main collections are Sailor Uranus and the infamous Saturn. Both have outrageous prices for some of their merchandise (especially Saturn), but if you're patient and dilligent good deals pop up even now adays.

I don't want to know how much I've spent this past week thanks to a bonus check from work... but let's just say it looks stupid from anyone else's POV, close to a few hundred.

Here is my site with a collection and wishlist: (ext link)

The collection details when an item was purchased and for how much as well as details about the item.

My wish list isn't as detailed...

My best deals required me to ask around unusual places (Sailormoonforums, Serasell (now Sailormooncollectors) on Livejournal, Ebay, Yahoo Japan, and a new forum I discovered The Galaxia Cauldron, which is like a smaller SailorMoonForums.

Some of the best deals were:
Sailor Uranus Sailor Moon World (SMW) Doll for only $15. That was with shipping and after I purchased 3 figures including her for $45 shipped. I was so proud to get her at a good price. She's going to be a beautiful doll.

I shortly thereafter got a Dream Pocket Doll off Ebay for $48, which isn't too bad although it's about average. Current listings are closer to $80 something before shipping, though.

My most favorite deal wasn't even on Ebay or LJ or in the US. It was on Mandarake. Most figure collectors know of Mandarake because they offer fair prices based on condition and reliable service. I was desperately seeking Uranus stuff to no avail when I saw Sailor Saturn. Her Dream Pocket.

I mention on my website that usually all I hear about are Dream Pocket Dolls. They're super cute and the same molds as the SMW dolls. I can see why they're worth it!

Usually anything Sailor Saturn will for sure fetch you $150 for her larger items... for smaller stuff like keychains, I would say $30 is the norm. Mandarake had her Dream Pocket for $80 (well, 8,000 yen which is $80.95 according to my converter) before shipping. I have seen a few of her sell at that price among private sales among collectors but not on auction sites.

In fact, let me express my sadness to discover even some things like Uranus' Dream Pocket had starting bids of 130,00 Yen... And the next thing I'm about to tell you I understand but it still just makes me mad! A twin set of lip rods for 200,000 yen. That's not a typo, it's a starting bid. Albiet they were new, only opened to check for contents... but still! I hope I can spend something like $400 for one lip rod rather than the $700+ I see everywhere.

Nonetheless, I am waiting to hear back from Mandarake. Everything looks good so far!

I hope this post helped some of you or was just an entertaining read. If you need help collecting Uranus Merchandise, please check out my website linked above! It's not only a gallery, it's a resource for those on the endless hunt for Sailor Moon Merchandise.

Let's hope with the new anime we see lots more of new merchandise! GE / Hot Topic have already put out some merchandise... so get it while you can. Prices will only go up!

No comments:

Post a Comment